I recently made the most delicious pizza that I may have ever made in my life…..and it was totally raw. Yes, you heard me right. Raw pizza is delicious and it can be easy.
Raw Pizza (Step By Step)
(1) First of all, let me say that I cheated a little by purchasing the bread/crust from The Loving Hut Cafe in Cincinnati. They carry Love Force breads and energy bars, so we bought some Sun-Flax Focaccia bread that was perfect for pizza.
(2) For the sauce, I used some left-over raw marinara sauce I had made the day before for some pasta.
Raw Marinara Sauce:
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 2 big handfuls of grape tomatoes
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, softened
- 2 dates (gives it just a little sweetness)
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 2 small shallots
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (optional)
- salt/pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until pureed.
(3) Then I marinated the veggies (I used spinach, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, onion, and mushroom) in 1 part olive oil and 1 part tamari. For this, I used 1 cap-full of each, along with 2 garlic cloves.
This was the end result. (Yeah, I took a bite before I took a picture, because…well…it was just that good.)
I have also recently discovered a super amazing and super easy raw ice cream recipe that I simply MUST share with you.
Raw Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 frozen bananas, sliced
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs (optional, but good if you want a little crunch/chocolate chip-like texture)
- 1-2 tsp raw agave nectar (optional)
- 1/3 cup non-dairy milk (I like to use coconut milk)
The end result is a creamy, dreamy, soft-serve, frosty-like chocolate ice cream, but without all the nasty refined sugar.
So pop in your favorite family movie and forget about chow down on some raw-vegan pizza and ice cream!